This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/28862, losing user alignment for vectors
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 00:07:44 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR middle-end/28862, losing user alignment for vectors
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 08:18 -0600, Roger Sayle wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> > * stor-layout.c (relayout_decl): Don't zero the alignment if it
> > was set by the user.
> Once the testcase has stablized with any necessary changes, we can
> backport the fix to the 4.1 and 4.0 branches to resolve the P1 PR.
I have backported this to the 4.1 branch now since it has been almost a
month and has no reports about the testcase failing. Also typedef would
not expose this bug as that would not call relayout_decl but instead
layout a different type.