This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, fortran]: prevent clobbered by 'longjmp' or 'vfork
- From: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at verizon dot net>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 17:21:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran]: prevent clobbered by 'longjmp' or 'vfork
- References: <20061001235135.CB44D110010@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
Jack Howarth wrote:
The attached patch eliminates a warning of...
../../../gcc-4.2-20060928/libgfortran/io/list_read.c: In function 'list_formatted_read_scalar':
../../../gcc-4.2-20060928/libgfortran/io/list_read.c:1460: warning: argument 'type' might be clobbered by 'longjmp' or 'vfork'
which occurs on Darwin/ppc, Linux/ppc and Linux/x86-64. The
fix has be confirmed as the correct approach by Andreas Jaeger.
I have bootstrap and regression tested this patch on
Darwin/PPC. Okay for trunk?
Hmm, I tested it as well on linux-i686 and the patch does not cause any
regressions. (I would not expect it to) I have posted a gcc PR 29313 after
discussions on IRC about this.