This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lto] PATCH: DIE readers for struct/union/class types, + other bug fixes
- From: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:23:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: [lto] PATCH: DIE readers for struct/union/class types, + other bug fixes
- References: <451D6F47.firstname.lastname@example.org> <451D8001.email@example.com>
Mark Mitchell wrote:
+ /* FIXME: mess with propagating mutable/volatile/etc attributes
+ back to parent struct type. */
I'd prefer this to be:
if (TYPE_MUTABLE_P || TYPE_VOLATILE_P)
Blowing up for things we don't understand is going to make it easier to
debug things later. But, it's not a huge deal either way.
Part of the problem here is that I haven't figured out yet where to stuff the
bits when parsing the attributes from the DWARF information. E.g.,
DECL_MUTABLE_P is specific to the C++ front end.
+ /* FIXME: Add support for DW_TAG_access_declaration,
+ DW_TAG_inheritance, DW_TAG_friend, and DW_TAG_variant_part
+ which can appear as children of a class/struct type. */
I would add these cases, with a sorry or equivalent; let's not silently
Same problem here. At this point, those tags are long gone; what we have is
whatever tree structures they're going to expand into, which I haven't figured
out yet, so I don't know how to test for them.
The other changes you suggested are no problem; I'm cleaning those up now.