This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Avoid multiple symbols from locale_charset (revised)
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:41:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] Avoid multiple symbols from locale_charset (revised)
- References: <20060924152057.E966211000F@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
On Sep 24, 2006, at 8:20 AM, Jack Howarth wrote:
The following patch implements Bruno Haible's <firstname.lastname@example.org>
recommendation on how to properly eliminate the duplicate
symbols for locale_charset on Darwin...
If you really want to get rid of the warning, IMO the way to go is to
rename locale_charset to gcc_locale_charset in all files (at least
dcigettext.c and localcharset.c, maybe more).
The libintl 0.12.1 we have has local_charset used in
the following files but not dcigettext.c. This patch
has been tested on powerpc-apple-darwin8 without
regressions. Okay for trunk.
2006-09-23 Jack Howarth <email@example.com>
* intl/localecharset.c (get_charset_aliases)
Rename locale_charset as gcc_locale_charset.
* intl/localcharset.h Likewise.
* intl/localename.c Likewise.
* intl/loadmsgcat.c Likewise.
I'm fine with this, though, I'm not a maintainer for this code.