This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Patch for IA64 HP-UX __Unwind_GetIPInfo cleanup
- From: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:17:30 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Patch for IA64 HP-UX __Unwind_GetIPInfo cleanup
- Reply-to: sje at cup dot hp dot com
Back when __Unwind_GetIPInfo was created and calls were put into the C++
and Java runtimes I created a __Unwind_GetIPInfo for IA64 HP-UX and put
it in libgcc because GCC on IA64 HP-UX uses the system unwind library
and that library had no __Unwind_GetIPInfo routine.
Now that we check for __Unwind_GetIPInfo during the GCC configuration, I
would like to remove __Unwind_GetIPInfo from the IA64 HP-UX libgcc. The
uses were added after 4.1 so there should be no released GCC on IA64
HP-UX that generates calls to this routine.
My main reason for doing this is that I think it looks odd to have an
unwind routine in libgcc when all the rest are in libunwind. I would
like to remove it now before it is released and avoid having to keep it
around forever due to backwords compatibility.
Mark, I know this isn't really a regression but it is something that
needs to done before 4.2 is released in order to have any value.
Tested on IA64 HP-UX with no regressions. OK to checkin?
2006-09-27 Steve Ellcey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/ia64/t-hpux (LIB2FUNCS_EXTRA): Remove unwind-hpux.c.
* config/ia64/unwind-hpux.c: Delete.
--- config/ia64/t-hpux (revision 117243)
+++ config/ia64/t-hpux (working copy)
@@ -9,13 +9,10 @@ MULTILIB_MATCHES =
# Support routines for HP-UX 128 bit floats.
-LIB2FUNCS_EXTRA=quadlib.c $(srcdir)/config/floatunsitf.c unwind-hpux.c
cat $(srcdir)/config/ia64/quadlib.c > quadlib.c
- cat $(srcdir)/config/ia64/unwind-hpux.c > unwind-hpux.c
# We get an undefined main when building a cross compiler because our
# linkspec has "-u main" and we want that for linking but it makes