This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Install libgfortranbegin.a as compiler library instead of system library
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: fxcoudert at gmail dot com
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, neroden at gcc dot gnu dot org, aoliva at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:06:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] Install libgfortranbegin.a as compiler library instead of system library
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I'm not that familiar with libfortran, but...
gcc installs libgcc.a and crtbegin.o like this:
$(INSTALL_DATA) ./libgcc.a $(DESTDIR)$(libsubdir)/
$(INSTALL_DATA) crtbegin.o $(DESTDIR)$(libsubdir)/
The install path needs to take into account two things:
1. DESTDIR must be supported, so that the toolchain can be installed
into an alternate tree, and
2. The multilib subdir must be accomodated.
I think it's OK for libfortranbegin.a to be installed wherever
libgcc.a is installed, just make sure those two items are supported in
the final Makefile.