This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Repair __builtin_setjmp/__builtin_longjmp
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Danny Smith <dannysmith at clear dot net dot nz>
- Cc: 'Paul Brook' <paul at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, 'Mark Mitchell' <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:58:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Repair __builtin_setjmp/__builtin_longjmp
- References: <000701c6e0fb$f9ef23d0$0a6d65da@anykey>
> > This sounds to much like an undocumented extension for my
> > liking. Past experience has shown that these are a bad thing.
> For example, http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=9539
No, it doesn't count, please read again comment #3. Pascal posted a C
testcase because folks generally favor them over Ada testcases, but the
problem comes again from the GNAT internals.
In fact, as demonstrated by this, it is nice to have implementation builtins
exposed because you can easily write small testcases in C for them, instead
of convoluted ones in a less widespread language.