This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, ivopts] Handle type-converted IVs better
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Adam Nemet <anemet at caviumnetworks dot com>
- Cc: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:36:51 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, ivopts] Handle type-converted IVs better
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Adam Nemet wrote:
> Roger Sayle writes:
> > I'll consider it for mainline, if you can describe/provide a testcase
> > where we've regressed and that is restored by your patch.
> This is the testcase from my original email...
Thanks. Given this, the patch is OK for mainline. I see various
folks are also helping formulate a testcase, in which case such a
new test is preapproved. I think a testcase is a prerequisite
if anyone wants this change backported, but I'm ok with applying the
fix itself to mainline without one (for now).
Thanks again for addressing this.