This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [COMMITTED][PATCH/RFC] force_reg() doesn't propagate MEM_POINTER flag to REG_POINTER
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: Anton Blanchard <anton at samba dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:04:08 -0500
- Subject: Re: [COMMITTED][PATCH/RFC] force_reg() doesn't propagate MEM_POINTER flag to REG_POINTER
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 19:39 -0600, Roger Sayle wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Peter Bergner wrote:
> > * explow.c (force_reg): Set REG_POINTER flag according to
> > MEM_POINTER flag.
> As PR28690 is a regression, this is OK for mainline. I think its
> reasonable to commit this patch on its own to see if it creates
> problems (for example, HPPA is sensitive to REG_POINTER changes),
> independently of the rest of your fix. I don't expect any problems
> from the change itself, which makes sense, but from latent bugs
> that may be exposed by the RTL differences.
> Thanks for fixing this,
Ok, I committed this to mainline by itself. Thanks.