This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lto] PATCH: add DIE reader for typedefs
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:37:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: [lto] PATCH: add DIE reader for typedefs
- References: <451303BB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <200609212127.k8LLR272011413@earth.phy.uc.edu>
On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 05:27:02PM -0400, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> > Here's another missing piece of the type system. OK to commit?
> Hmm, I don't we should use typedefs at all, since they just create
> extra types and casts that are not needed.
You can't discard them. If you do, you fail to generate them in
debugging information later, which is a serious usability regression.