This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lto] PATCH: add varargs support to DWARF reader
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 01:11:30 -0400
- Subject: Re: [lto] PATCH: add varargs support to DWARF reader
- References: <4511F277.email@example.com> <4511FC57.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 10:43:35PM -0400, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Is there a reason not to just return void_type_node directly from
> lto_read_unspecified_parameters_DIE? I believe that DWARF doesn't have
> a "void" type (using a null type pointer to indicate void in things like
> "void *") and, in any case, "void" is certainly not a valid parameter
> type. So, at the risk of being a bit cute, you could probably just
> return void_type_node directly, bypassing the cookie.
In DWARF 3, I believe you're supposed to use DW_TAG_unspecified_type.
Spelling taken from memory though.