This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: Fix middle-end/25505
- From: Josh Conner <jconner at apple dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, iant at google dot com, jason at redhat dot com, richard dot guenther at gmail dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:12:44 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix middle-end/25505
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Roger Sayle wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Josh Conner wrote:
>>> 2006-09-14 Josh Conner <email@example.com>
>>> PR middle-end/25505
>>> * calls.c (expand_call): Allow reuse of structure return stack
>> I think we've managed to resolve the technical issues, and the testing
>> looks clean (including testing the one example code that was potentially
>> problematic). Are there any remaining objections? Is there a
>> middle-end maintainer who will approve this?
> Thanks for the impressive testing (including the ada that Ian asked for).
> This patch is OK for mainline, and for the active release branches after
> a week or so without problems.
OK, thanks. I'll apply it to the mainline, but it won't affect pr25505
on the release branches because they don't have the change that Jason
put in here:
which he considered too risky for 4.. If you still think this
(calls.c) patch belongs on the release branches, please let me know and
I'll follow your suggested timing. It does have beneficial effects
elsewhere, but does not fix a known regression.
> Thanks again for your patience. I'm sure getting Ada working/tested is
> good for your soul :-) You never know, if XCode starts shipping with
> Ada, the pentagon might purchase more Macs ;-)