This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH/RFC] PR other/22313: Hot/cold sections vs. dwarf2 (take 2)
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:42:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFC] PR other/22313: Hot/cold sections vs. dwarf2 (take 2)
- References: <450F0000.firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 01:37:48PM -0600, Roger Sayle wrote:
> Grr! Thanks for tracking down the change that broke EH on MIPS!
> I think I can provide a temporary work-around for this problem (to
> resolve the immediate regression) by initializing the current label
> to the start of the function. This'll mean that we'll resume using
> advance_loc as the first instruction in the FDE. However, profiled
> bootstrap and/or hot/cold partitioning will still continue to introduce
> DW_CFA_set_loc, which presumably can't be handled by current binutils.
> Not ideal, but it will restore libgcj whilst the necessary bintuils
> functionality is added.
Since this is in fact what I just suggested on binutils@, yes please
:-) I think you're right on all counts.