This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix tree-opt/29059, ICE with the recent builtins improvements
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:26:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix tree-opt/29059, ICE with the recent builtins improvements
- References: <200609181922.k8IJMAZ9011891@earth.phy.uc.edu>
Andrew Pinski wrote on 09/18/06 15:22:
> Not really that much as fold all builtins will later come along and re-gimplify
> the folded expression. Also the builtin folders were just not producing these
> expressions before and now are producing complex expressions which are hard to
> express as one simple GIMPLEX epxression.
Right, in which case we'll want to re-structure this code so that it can
handle a string of GIMPLE. Perhaps we want to do it at the level of
fold_stmt. Teach it to deal with situations that might require it to
emit more than one GIMPLE instruction.
For now, I'm OK with rejecting MODIFY_EXPRs only if their RHS is not a