This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Compile time buffer overflow checks for strncat
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: jakub at redhat dot com
- Cc: dnovillo at redhat dot com (Diego Novillo), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:06:56 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Compile time buffer overflow checks for strncat
> Unfortunately, during testing I found that while convert_to_gimple_builtin
> annotates the new statements with locus, set_rhs does not, so if
> fold_builtin transforms one call into a different one, which is still valid
> gimple RHS, the locus is lost. So, the tree-ssa-propagate.c bit was
> added to fix this up.
> Ok for trunk?
> 2006-09-18 Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>
> * tree-ssa-propagate.c (set_rhs): Copy EXPR_LOCATION if
Even if the other parts are not approved for the trunks, I think this part should
be approved because it could also fixe some debugging regressions.