This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lto] PATCH: fill in code to merge declarations
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:49:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: [lto] PATCH: fill in code to merge declarations
- References: <450AF400.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sandra Loosemore wrote:
Here I've cleaned up the code for merging VAR_DECLs and implemented the
rules for comparing whether two types are the same, as well as filling
in the FUNCTION_DECL merge function to do something useful.
DECL_EXTERNAL (result) = 1;
+ if (inlined == DW_INL_declared_inlined
+ || inlined == DW_INL_declared_not_inlined)
+ DECL_DECLARED_INLINE_P (result) = 1;
Shouldn't the second case be DW_INL_inlined? But, I think you only want
the first case -- the compiler is always free to inline things anyhow,
and the bit you're setting is about what the user has explicitly declared.
Otherwise, this looks OK. Actually, that's an understatement; thanks
for stepping up to tackle some of these semantic issues!
(650) 331-3385 x713