This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[patch] require sse3 for fisttp
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at apple dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:24:46 -0700
- Subject: [patch] require sse3 for fisttp
So, in looking into something reported by a user:
fisttp is documented in
<http://download.intel.com/design/Pentium4/manuals/25366620.pdf> on page
Protected Mode Exceptions
#UD If CPUID.01H:ECX.SSE3[bit 0] = 0.
Which has it in SSE3 so it should probably be dependent on -mno-sse3, so
how about this?
Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-darwin, no regressions.
2006-09-15 Eric Christopher <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/i386/i386.h (TARGET_FISTTP): Depend only on SSE3 and