This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fwd: A little patch submission
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: lkeren at cs dot technion dot ac dot il
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 14 Sep 2006 09:56:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: Fwd: A little patch submission
- References: <email@example.com>
> I would like to submit a small patch to libcpp.
> This patch adds to C++ preprocessor the __COUNTER__ macro.
> The __COUNTER__ macro expands to an unsigned integer constant starting with 0
> and incrementing by 1 every time it is used in a compiland.
> It is supported by Microsoft compiler.
I don't think this patch handles pre-compiled headers correctly. Also
I think some test cases would be appropriate.
(We have an internal patch for __COUNTER__ support which we plan to
submit when and if our copyright assignment is completed. I don't say
this to discourage you from fixing your own patch. If you modify your
patch to correctly handle PCH and documentation, then I think it
should be included when we go back to stage 1.)