This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Fix PR fortran/27698 emit error when rejecting invalid name
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Bernhard Fischer <rep dot nop at aon dot at>
- Cc: Paul Thomas <paulthomas2 at wanadoo dot fr>, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:06:37 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix PR fortran/27698 emit error when rejecting invalid name
- References: <20060705185017.GD1102@aon.at> <44AC0F47.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060705201842.GA86724@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> <20060705212530.GA7311@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> <44AC3E9E.email@example.com> <20060705224121.GA15001@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> <20060911205046.GA27890@aon.at>
On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 10:50:46PM +0200, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 03:41:21PM -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:
> >On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 12:35:10AM +0200, Paul Thomas wrote:
> >> Steve and Bernhard,
> >> >
> >> >>>
> >> >>>Prove me wrong!
> >> >>>
> >> >>
> >> >I just ran this patch against my large colllection of legal
> >> >Fortran (with extensions :-), and the only failure was in the
> >> >Moware package. The failure occurs with and without the patch. It
> >> >involves a *.F90 that needs to be preprocessed an Moware program,
> >> >and may have screwed up the Makefile sufficiently to get the
> >> >preprocessing mangled.
> >> >
> >> Sounds of humble pie being consumed.... munch, munch, munch!
> >Well, in truth you are correct that gfc_match_name is only
> >one matcher that gets called often in a large set of possible
> >matchers. One thing to keep in mind with the matchers is
> >that errors are queued. If a match is eventually found, then the
> >queue is tossed out; otherwise, the queue is unwound and
> >errors are emitted.
> ping; The comments sounded ok, but I don't think that snipped ever got
> an explicit approval. Don't hesitate to apply if i managed to
> misunderstand any implied ACK :)
Again, I'll try to go over this patch on Saturday.