This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch,fortran] PR28914 Code inside loop hangs
- From: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at verizon dot net>
- To: Paul Thomas <paulthomas2 at wanadoo dot fr>
- Cc: Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 22:09:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch,fortran] PR28914 Code inside loop hangs
- References: <450389E5.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4503971A.email@example.com>
Paul Thomas wrote:
OK to commit to 4.2?
OK - the first line of the comment needs to be dropped, since the check
has gone. ie.
+ /* Make a temporary, store the current value in that
+ and return it, once the loop is done. */
OK, committed with this minor edit.
PS On thinking about the PR: I suggest that you clear this one and raise
a new one about the compile time. The compiler does not need to walk
the constructor in order to calculate its length and certainly should
not expand arbitrarily long ones.
There is a PR for this long compile time already -- 20923.