This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA] fix PR/26778 by reapplying a reverted patch
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: roger at eyesopen dot com (Roger Sayle)
- Cc: paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch (Paolo Bonzini), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 18:49:28 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [RFA] fix PR/26778 by reapplying a reverted patch
Roger Sayle wrote:
> Unless Ulrich has an objection, this is OK for mainline. Given the
> historical problems I think its best to let it bake for at least
> a week or two on mainlaine before considering backporting it (and any
> necessary AIX, x86 and SH changes) to the 4.0/4.1 branches to resolve
> this PR. It might be that the total patch set is too intrusive and
> we may need to close this as WONTFIX for 4.0 and maybe even 4.1.
This patch is fine with me, thanks for looking into it!
> Thanks to both you and Richard G for testing on five backends, it
> helps improve confidence that this is a reasonable fix in stage 3.
> Thanks to you and Dale for fixing this; conceptually I like this
> reload change a lot.
I agree, it makes a lot of sense. Thanks!
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
Linux on zSeries Development