This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] x86_64 darwin work
- From: howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu (Jack Howarth)
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: echristo at apple dot com, geoffk at apple dot com
- Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 08:50:46 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [patch] x86_64 darwin work
The only complaint I have about this patch is that it hoists parts
of the TImode support, should have been working long ago on Darwin
PPC64, out of Geoff's TImode patch. It would be far better to just
properly evaluate Geoff's TImode patch and push that into gcc trunk
before the x86_64 patch goes in. After all even MIPS managed to get
TImode support finished for gcc 4.2! Apple needs to at least make
a cursory attempt at providing working PPC64 support before they
leap off to do x86_64.