This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fw: [patch] [4.2 projects] vectorize strided accesses (4 patches)
- From: Victor Kaplansky <VICTORK at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 13:29:31 +0300
- Subject: Re: Fw: [patch] [4.2 projects] vectorize strided accesses (4 patches)
Last merge with mainline was on 2005-12-22 quite long ago, and as you wrote
java can be broken in mainline then. Usually we test only c,c++ and
If java was ok, I suspect two paches that can cause this failure: r113596
We will investigate the failure to boostrap java on x86.
Roger Sayle <email@example.com> wrote on 05.09.2006 18:13:27:
> Hi Victor,
> As I mentioned previously, this failure may be unrelated to the
> autovect changes; You may have been unlucky that java was broken
> the last time you synchronized the tree, or not all of the tree was
> synchronized. But its also not unlikely, that the breakage is fall-out
> from vectorization related changes to common infrastructure if the
> branch isn't regularly tested for building java, fortran, ada, etc...
> Thanks again for investigating this.