This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] cfgrtl.c: Remove commit_edge_insertions_watch_calls.
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: Kazu Hirata <kazu at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, jh at suse dot cz
- Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 22:19:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] cfgrtl.c: Remove commit_edge_insertions_watch_calls.
- References: <200605291304.k4TD4ZfI017265@sparrowhawk.codesourcery.com> <email@example.com>
> Hi Kazu,
> > Attached is a patch to remove commit_edge_insertions_watch_calls as it
> > is unused.
> > [...]
> > 2006-05-29 Kazu Hirata <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > * basic-block.h: Remove the prototype for
> > commit_edge_insertions_watch_calls.
> > * cfgrtl.c (commit_edge_insertion): Drop the last argument.
> > Simplify.
> > (commit_edge_insertions_watch_calls): Remove.
> > (commit_edge_insertions): Adjust the call to
> > commit_one_edge_insertion.
> This is OK (unless Jan objects). It's probably not suitable for 4.2, though.
I have no objections. It was only usefull for edge insertion in
profiling and hopefully we won't need such hacks in future ;)
> Eric Botcazou