This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, gcc at gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 11:30:29 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html
- References: <299A1B9F-FEE5-4918-8082-663547E80D2D@freenet.de> <email@example.com> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Aug 2006, Richard Guenther wrote:
> > The problem is that installation instructions (and internals manuals)
> > are only available for trunk, not for released versions.
> These aren't online, but are part of the release tarballs.
> We could add generation of the installation documentation to the magic in
> maintainer-scripts/update_web_docs_svn, but I'm not sufficiently familiar
> with that script to do so without undue risk.
> I had a look, but I'm not really too familiar with this script. Something
> like the patch below might come close (it just omits the postprocessing of
> these version specific web pages of the installation docs).
> Joseph, what do you think?
The traditional approach was to include statements about different
versions in the trunk install manual where appropriate, and where that
didn't suffice to refer to the documentation included in the release
tarballs. (Not an objection.)
Joseph S. Myers