This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR C++/28349, ICE with va_args and references
- From: Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at apple dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 29 Aug 2006 15:15:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR C++/28349, ICE with va_args and references
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andrew Pinski <email@example.com> writes:
> The problem here is that we don't try to undo the reference after
> building *(__builtin_trap (), (int&*)0). Really there is no reason we
> should have a pointer to a reference here so just creating a pointer to
> the type that the old type references fixes the problem without causing
> an ICE.
> OK? Bootstrapped and tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu with no regressions.
> :ADDPATCH C++:
> * call.c (build_x_va_arg): Remove the reference type
> from the type before creating the pointer type.
> * testsuite/g++.dg/warn/var-args1.C: New test.