This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] PR28621 (-ffast-math -Os segfault)
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, jh at suse dot cz
- Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:47:49 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] PR28621 (-ffast-math -Os segfault)
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 06:35:24PM +0100, Paul Brook wrote:
> The patch below fixes PR target/28621 on mainline.
> I can't take credit for the patch, I just pulled it out of the PR,
> verified that it fixes the problem, and tested it.
> gcc 4.1 does not support __attribute__ ((force_align_arg_pointer)), so a
> different solution will be required there. IMHO this should not stop us using
> it to fix HEAD.
> Bootstrapped on i686-linux.
It doesn't really address the real problem. That is
Basically, -Os introduces a different ABI. I think we should close
PR 28621 as a duplicate of PR 27537.