This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: speedup TER (28071 again)
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:28:33 -0700
- Subject: Re: speedup TER (28071 again)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andrew MacLeod wrote:
2006-08-24 Andrew MacLeod <email@example.com>
* tree-outof-ssa.c (struct value_expr_d): Remove.
(struct temp_expr_table_d): Change value_expr_p's to bitmap. Delete
(new_temp_expr_table, free_temp_expr_table): Update.
(new_value_expr, free_value_expr, find_value_in_list, add_value_to_list,
add_info_to_list, remove_value_from_list): Delete.
(add_value_to_version_list): New. Set bit in version list, allocating
a bitmap if need be.
(add_value_to_partition_list): New. Set bit in the partition list,
allocating a bitmap if need be.
(remove_value_from_partition_list): New. Remove a bit from the
partition list, free the bitmap if it is empty.
(add_dependence, check_replaceable, finish_expr, mark_replaceable,
kill_expr, find_replaceable_in_bb, find_replaceable_exprs): Use bitmap
routines and new functions.
These do seem like big patches for Stage 3, and I would have to spend a
lot of time to review them carefully -- so I'm not going to do so.
However, I would encourage others to comment. If there's consensus that
everyone's comfortable with the patches, the performance improvements
are certainly very impressive.
(650) 331-3385 x713