This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Improve PR28796
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:55:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Improve PR28796
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Roger Sayle wrote:
Of course, my preference is for contributors, including you and I, to
voluntarily hold-off on posting patches that are only suitable for 4.3
until after we branch. Better still to post regression fixes. But
perhaps the burden should be on reviewers not to comment on 4.3 patches?
I would ask that contributors work on (and review) GCC 4.2 regression
patches. (Today is CodeSourcery's GCC 4.2 hack-a-thon, and I will be
trying to review all patches posted, to the extent I am competent, as
well as fixing some bugs of my own!) However, if you do happen to have
fixed something that should go in GCC 4.3, I think it's OK to post it,
and OK to review it. That's still useful work -- just not necessarily
the most useful thing to do in terms of helping to move us along.
(650) 331-3385 x713