This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ PATCH to merge_types for c++/28659
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches >> GCC Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:05:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: C++ PATCH to merge_types for c++/28659
- References: <44EB4C4B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jason Merrill wrote:
Making attribute variants of class types seems like a very bad idea
because it creates a new TYPE_MAIN_VARIANT, and I think it's reasonable
to expect that all versions of a particular class have the same
Somewhere on my to-do list is an item to write up what I think the rules
for attributes ought to be in C++...
(650) 331-3385 x713