This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR23794, wrong types from the C++ frontend for COND_EXPRs
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 17:45:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR23794, wrong types from the C++ frontend for COND_EXPRs
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Richard Guenther wrote:
> 2005-08-30 Richard Guenther <email@example.com>
> PR c++/23794
> * pt.c (build_non_dependent_expr): Apply implicit conversion
> to conditional of COND_EXPR.
This should not be necessary. Expressions in templates *must* be
allowed to circumvent the type-consistency rules in some cases, so all
this does is waste memory. However, the front-end should never call
fold directly when it might be processing a template; instead it should
The PR says that build_array_ref calls fold (which would be wrong), but
it looks like it now calls fold_if_not_in_template.
So, I think this patch is unnecessary, and that this PR should be closed.
(650) 331-3385 x713