This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR25500, pessimization on SSE code caused by count_type_elements
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com (Mark Mitchell)
- Cc: paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch (Paolo Bonzini), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org (GCC Patches), pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu (Andrew Pinski)
- Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:22:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR25500, pessimization on SSE code caused by count_type_elements
> While I applaud the results of this patch, this doesn't really make
> sense to me. A vector has as many elements as it has, whether or not it
> fits in a machine register. That's a philosophical concern, but more
> practically, won't gimplify_init_constructor break?
> Is it possible to instead teach the SRA code to handle this case specially?
Yes and I have a patch to do this but I was waiting for Sony's copyright assignment
to come through to submit it.