This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: builtin_bswap plus enhancements
- From: Falk Hueffner <falk at debian dot org>
- To: Chris Lattner <clattner at apple dot com>
- Cc: Eric Christopher <echristo at apple dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, paul at codesourcery dot com, iant at google dot com
- Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 21:43:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: builtin_bswap plus enhancements
- References: <44D29BA2.email@example.com> <2895761B-5D52-4C32-894C-B19DDFBD9F4D@apple.com>
Chris Lattner <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Why not add bswap16 as well?
It should be unnecessary, since any attempt to express it should be
picked up by the rot idiom recognizer, and the backends should then
emit optimal code for constant-8 rots (and if that doesn't actually
happen, we should rather fix that).