This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch,fortran] PR25828 F2003 Stream I/O
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at verizon dot net>
- Cc: Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 22:06:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch,fortran] PR25828 F2003 Stream I/O
- References: <44DAB745.email@example.com>
On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 09:34:13PM -0700, Jerry DeLisle wrote:
> The streamio_7.f90 test was revised to not use an empty write to position
> the file. Though this seems to work on most systems, it does not seem to
> work on 64 bit platforms. Steve Kargl and I have been beating on that one
> for about a week and have decided to open a separate PR for this, since it
> is a corner case.
Just to clarify. streamio_7.f90 appears to fail on FreeBSD-current
(the bleeding edge) on both i386 and amd64 platforms. I've given
Jerry access to my amd64 platform to help me track down the problem.
Although this problem exists, I believe that this patch is ready
to commit to get wide spread testing. I know Janne has also provided
some feedback. If you have any reservations, test the patch and