This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lto] PATCH: fix recent breakage in Java front end
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Kazu Hirata <kazu at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 11:12:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: [lto] PATCH: fix recent breakage in Java front end
- References: <44C6344E.email@example.com>
On Jul 25, 2006, at 8:10 AM, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
Kazu and I discovered the hard way that "make clean" had failed to
completely clean out my build directory
:-( I also predicate my testing on make clean and/or the dependency
rules. Every now and then I test out make clean and ensure that it
removes most everything, though, haven't done that in a while.
On a related note, the libjava dependancy rules suck hard, svn update
&& make usually fails to work. They need to rebuild the Makefiles
without dependancies on files that no longer exist that can't be built
because they are gone and then build the updated tree with the new
I assume everybody else already knows that doesn't work?
Nope, but thanks for the info.