This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: Add raw address to java stack trace if line number unavailable.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>
- Cc: Java Patch List <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 06 Jun 2006 10:25:37 -0600
- Subject: Re: Patch: Add raw address to java stack trace if line number unavailable.
- References: <4484B408.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "David" == David Daney <email@example.com> writes:
David> This patch adds a new system property
David> 'gnu.gcj.runtime.NameFinder.show_raw' that when set true will
David> print the IP in the stack trace if the line number is
This looks reasonable to me.
David> Back in 3.3 and 3.4 the addresses used to print out, but that
David> capability was lost with the new stack trace infrastructure. So in
David> someways you could look at this as fixing a regression.
Cute. I don't agree with that theory but...
David> Currently regression testing on i686-pc-linux-gnu.
David> OK to commit if no regressions?
David> + t->append (Long::toHexString (offset + 1));
Other places in the code explicitly cast offset to a jlong.
I suspect you need a cast here as well.