This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gomp] Allow unsigned iterator with just a warning (PR c/27499)
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:24:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gomp] Allow unsigned iterator with just a warning (PR c/27499)
- References: <20060512203434.GO4651@sunsite.mff.cuni.cz>
On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 10:34:34PM +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> I believe the assert is not needed, the user has been warned that the code
> might not do what he wants and usually it will work as expected.
For some definition of "usually" that includes assuming iteration
doesn't cross the halfway mark. But I suppose that's normally true
> * gimplify.c (gimplify_omp_for): Remove assertion that iteration var
> is signed.
> * gcc.dg/gomp/pr27499.c: New test.
> * g++.dg/gomp/pr27499.C: New test.