This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: HP-UX header file fixup.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 19:51:51 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Patch: HP-UX header file fixup.
- References: <200605111932.k4BJWPCB012800@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>
On Thu, 11 May 2006, John David Anglin wrote:
> I see in the diff for 84046:
> + /* A non-static declaration (even an "extern") followed by a
> + static declaration is undefined behavior per C99 6.2.2p3-5,7.
> The HP-UX system headers certainly aren't C99 compatible.
> The documentation indicates that gnu89 is still the GCC default.
> So, I still think that this change in behavior was too agressive.
It's just as undefined in C90 188.8.131.52.
Joseph S. Myers http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
email@example.com (personal mail)
firstname.lastname@example.org (CodeSourcery mail)
email@example.com (Bugzilla assignments and CCs)