This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: HP-UX header file fixup.
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: sje at cup dot hp dot com (Steve Ellcey)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:19:19 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Patch: HP-UX header file fixup.
> > > When compiling programs on HP-UX 11.23 platforms with
> > > -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 the /usr/include/sys/socket.h header file will
> > > declare sendfile and sendpath as extern and then as static. The HP
> > > compiler gives a warning on this but GCC gives a hard error.
> > I have no problem with the patch but giving a hard error in a
> > system header is annoying if GCC could handle this as a warning.
> Is that an approval for checkin?
As this affects ia64 as well as hppa, I can't approve.
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)