This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Create timevar for dominance info recomputation
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:54:30 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch] Create timevar for dominance info recomputation
- References: <20060414095855.GA24569@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 11:58 +0200, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> currently, dominance info recomputation is run on the time of whatever
> pass calls it; this is not quite fair, as the recomputation is done on
> demand, so the pass asking for it usually is not the one that
> invalidated the dominance information. This patch creates a separate
> timevar for calculate_dominance_info. Boostrapped & regtested on ia64.
> * dominance.c: Include timevar.h.
> (calculate_dominance_info): Use TV_DOMINANCE.
> * timevar.def (TV_DOMINANCE): New timevar.
> * Makefile.in (dominance.o): Add TIMEVAR_H dependency.
OK. Please install if you haven't done so already.