This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: __nodebug__ attribute for use on SSE intrinsic wrappers
- From: Devang Patel <dpatel at apple dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>, Fariborz Jahanian <fjahanian at apple dot com>, Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at apple dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:45:33 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: __nodebug__ attribute for use on SSE intrinsic wrappers
- References: <78E4E2DA-0070-11DA-BCD4-003065BDF310@apple.com>
On Jul 29, 2005, at 1:36 PM, Mike Stump wrote:
On Friday, July 29, 2005, at 11:19 AM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
Yes. My point is that the attribute should ADD to the debug info,
Ok, let me ask a few question, do you have any users?
Have they ever complained about the debug information being too big?
I fail to understand your questions' relevance to this thread.
We're converging towards one solution (that is, support new
attribute, decorate intrinsic headers, subtract in stabs and use
DW_AT_ARTIFICIAL in DWARF). Now, once 1) one of the GWP OK it in
principal and 2) we select name of new attribute, Fariborz (or I) can
prepare updated patch. Do not spawn unnecessary sub threads (and
potential flame wars).