This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] MIPS: Add cost for 5KC/5KF and dfa pipeline.
- From: Richard Sandiford <richard at codesourcery dot com>
- To: David Ung <davidu at mips dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:41:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch] MIPS: Add cost for 5KC/5KF and dfa pipeline.
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
David Ung <email@example.com> writes:
> hi, this patch adds the costs for the 5kc and 5kf processors. The DFA
> pipeline description is included.
> regressions ok, tested on mipsisa64, mips-sim-idt64/-march=5kf
> * config/mips/mips.c (mips_cpu_info_table): Add 5kf to the table.
> (mips_rtx_cost_data): Add costs for 5kc and 5kf.
> * config/mips/mips.h (processor_type): Add PROCESSOR_5KF.
> * config/mips/mips.md (cpu): Add 5kf name.
> (includes): Includes 5k.md.
> * config/mips/5k.md: New DFA pipeline for the 5kc/5kf.
Looks good. You'll need to update the -march entry in invoke.texi though.
Please check if there are other new targets that should be mentioned too.
Since target maintainers have a bit of leeway, and since this is
a very non-invasive patch, I think it can go in now, even though
we're in stage 3. The window for this sort of change is closing
So, OK for mainline, barring objections from Eric. I'll mention
it in changes.html when doing the 4.0->4.1 MIPS entry.