This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: PR middle-end/22284: [4.1 Regression] ia64 exception handling broken
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at apple dot com>
- Cc: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>,GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:46:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR middle-end/22284: [4.1 Regression] ia64 exception handling broken
- References: <20050722172243.GA4088@lucon.org> <87C8ED67-5B49-4EA0-8BFC-C4743C87E51B@apple.com>
On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 05:13:20PM -0700, Geoff Keating wrote:
> Hi HJ, Paul,
> From <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-07/msg01510.html>:
> >2005-07-22 H.J. Lu <email@example.com>
> > PR middle-end/22284
> > * libsupc++/eh_personality.cc (PERSONALITY_FUNCTION): Revert
> > the change to info.ttype_base.
> It seems possible that, although perhaps correct for IA64, applying
> this patch will break the ARM EABI.
> HJ, do you know if it breaks ARM?
> Paul, could you look at this patch and at the part of your patch
> which it's reversing, and determine if that change is really needed
> for proper behaviour on ARM?
> If it does break ARM to remove the change, then the change should
> probably be conditional on __ARM_EABI_UNWINDER__ or something.
info.ttype_base is only used by get_ttype_entry, which isn't used when
__ARM_EABI_UNWINDER__ is defined. I don't know why Paul made the change
for ARM EABI. I will be very surprised if it makes a difference for