This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix Ada bootstrap on ppc-darwin & x86_64
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Laurent GUERBY <laurent at guerby dot net>
- Cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:11:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix Ada bootstrap on ppc-darwin & x86_64
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 11:59:24PM +0200, Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> A slightly updated version per Andrew comments in bugzilla, test results
> show no regression amd64-linux (and on x86):
> OK to commit?
No, not ok.
> > This patch fixes the Ada bootstrap on ppc-darwin by forcing Ada not to
> > produce ADDR_EXPR<CONSTRUCTOR> in its trees. Note this really works
> > around a cgraph defect for non GENERIC trees but since everyone dealing
> > with trees have said that ADDR_EXPR<CONSTRUCTO> should not be used, I
> > decided this was the best way forward.
Depending on what cgraph is looking for, you can either hack around
this in LANG_HOOKS_CALLGRAPH_ANALYZE_EXPR, or we can bite the bullet
and change cgraph to lower to gimple before analysis.