This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Repost: RFA: fix PR rtl-optimization/18992
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Joern RENNECKE <joern dot rennecke at st dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:20:22 -0700
- Subject: Re: Repost: RFA: fix PR rtl-optimization/18992
- References: <42DBB0CD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 02:38:21PM +0100, Joern RENNECKE wrote:
> PR rtl-optimization/18992
> Back out this patch:
> 2003-10-08 John David Anglin <email@example.com>
> PR optimization/12142
> * cse.c (count_reg_usage): In a SET with a REG SET_DEST, count the
> uses of the register in the SET_SRC. Remove unnecessary argument.
> Replace it with this:
> * cse.c (count_reg_usage): In INSN, JUMP_INSN and CALL_INSN cases,
> if flag_non_call_exceptions is set and the insn may trap, pass
> pc_rtx as dest for recursion.
> In SET_SRC part of SET case, if dest is already set, pass it down
Ok if you can get someone to test java on hppa, which was the
subject of the 12142 pr.