This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch for PR rtl-optimization/22472 (Critical HPPA bug)
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: sje at cup dot hp dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, danglin at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 01:35:55 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Patch for PR rtl-optimization/22472 (Critical HPPA bug)
> + /* Don't allow hard registers to be renamed into r2.
> + ??? Are there other registers that we shouldn't rename. */
> + #define HARD_REGNO_RENAME_OK(OLD_REG, NEW_REG) (NEW_REG != 2)
Hmmm, I think HARD_REGNO_RENAME_OK should return true if either
!current_function_is_leaf or NEW_REG != 2 are true. In non
leaf functions, r2 is saved and restored in the prologue and
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)