This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, fortran] PR16940 - module interfaces to contained procedures - redux++
- From: Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>
- To: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, paulthomas2 at wanadoo dot fr
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:08:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch, fortran] PR16940 - module interfaces to contained procedures - redux++
- References: <17233215.1121774731646.JavaMail.www@wwinf0301>
On Tuesday 19 July 2005 14:05, Paul THOMAS wrote:
> Oh the joys of Windows! Try again with pr16940.msg => pr16940.txt
> Having studied the code at the end of parse.c, I have come to the
> conclusion that the patch to fix pr16940
> (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2005-07/msg00004.html) is in the correct
> place. This is the first opportunity, after the contained function has been
> parsed, that the namespaces is traversed and the symbols tested. In fact,
> the ICE occurs precisely because this function subsequently does the wrong
> thing with the offending, unrequited symbol.
> The changelog entries, patch and testcase are enclosed.
> Regtested (in so far as that is possible with gfc, these days) on Cygwin
> and RH9.
> OK for mainline and 4.0?
> Paul T
> 2005-07-01 Paul Thomas
> PR fortran/16940
> * resolve.c (resolve_symbol): A symbol with FL_UNKNOWN
> is matched against interfaces in parent namespaces. If there
> the symtree is set to point to the interface.
Looks OK to me. Thanks.