This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC]: patch for PR c/22476 -Wmissing-format-attribute
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caipclassic dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:35:58 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [RFC]: patch for PR c/22476 -Wmissing-format-attribute
- References: <200507151316.j6FDG4AS006965@caipclassic.rutgers.edu>
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> + if (warn_missing_format_attribute)
The documentation of -Wmissing-format-attribute will need updating, as
will the warning that it does nothing without -Wformat (as these
particular warnings don't seem to depend on -Wformat).
> + WARN_FOR_ASSIGNMENT (G_("argument %d of %qE might be "
WARN_FOR_ASSIGNMENT uses pedwarn, but warning is appropriate here: these
diagnostics shouldn't be errors with -pedantic-errors. So a switch
statement rather than using the macro would seem appropriate here.
Joseph S. Myers http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
email@example.com (personal mail)
firstname.lastname@example.org (CodeSourcery mail)
email@example.com (Bugzilla assignments and CCs)