This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Fix PR tree-optimization/22376
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:55:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Fix PR tree-optimization/22376
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I forgot to say, this is being bootstrapped and regtested on
i686-pc-linux-gnu and i will commit if it completes successfully.
On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 10:53 -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> There are a lot of times we don't actually need to solve the points-to
> graph in order to know the results, because every variable already
> points to anything, or nothing had its address taken.
> 22376 is one of those cases :)
> This adds a short test that eliminates the time of var substitution and
> solving when it's not going to change the results in a way that matters
> to us.
> This brings the time from 55 seconds to less than a second for PTA time
> in the testcase.
> Of course, the compilation time is still dominated by out-of-ssa, etc.