This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: fix compress_float_constant heuristics
- From: Richard Sandiford <richard at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:27:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: Patch: fix compress_float_constant heuristics
- References: <email@example.com>
Dale Johannesen <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Paolo Bonzini suggested the other targets at risk are sparc, mips, alpha
> and vax. Sparc doesn't have a load-and-convert instruction and it
> appears that Mips doesn't either,
Thanks for being alert to the possibility and checking. Just wanted
to confirm that MIPS doesn't have float load-and-extend.